Wednesday 4 May 2011

Sportive

OK
It is now about 2 week until I embark on my sportive I signed up for over 3 months ago, I will be taking part in the southern sportive around the south downs on the 15th of may http://www.southernsportive.com/index.php?go=sunday&page=event&eventid=110515

Now this means I will be doing 133km ( around 88 miles I think) in 5-6 hours, I hope I do it in around 5 hours 20 but seen as the most distance I have covered before is 50 miles on my work MTB and 30 or so miles on my road bike I am now a bit worried.

I signed up for it because I wanted a target and an event to try and not wanting to jump into racing a sportive sounded good, so I found a local one and signed up. I had three choices of distance Short, medium and full, I am the sort of person who doesn't do things in half measures I didn't want to turn up 23 years of age on a full carbon road bike and do a short distance in my head I was thinking "Man the F**K up!" and so chose full distance thinking I was just going to man up and power through.
So here I am 3 weeks of road bike experience before doing a long distance ride around a pretty hilly area...

Nice

but I will be going and I will finish but so far that's as far as my targets have gone, to finish and enjoy it.

Think I will go buy some cream and an ice pack now so I can help the doctor find my buttocks after 5 hours..

S11

No comments:

Post a Comment